The Center for Sustainable Living is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization that was formed by Bloomington residents in 1992. It is the mission of the Center to make available information, services, projects and networking opportunities for those interested in exploring ecologically sustainable ways of thinking, living and interacting in our community.
We are an umbrella organization which provides 501(c)3 status to projects, created by community members, that adhere to our goals. (Please see the left menu bar for a complete list of our projects.) Our organization is entirely volunteer-run and depends on funds from its members to provide quality programming, events, and information about sustainable living. We have a seven-member board of directors that meets monthly and also maintains a meeting space in the Switchyard Building on Grimes and the B-line. Board meetings are typically held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 in the Monroe County Public Library. Members of the public are welcome to attend; please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the meeting schedule.
The goals of the Center for Sustainable Living are:
– to integrate human settlements and activities harmoniously into the natural world;
– to provide services, information, tools and networking opportunities for those interested in sustainable living;
– to develop projects and programs that promote more sustainable ways of living;
– to work with and support other groups with similar purposes; and
– to sponsor public events where community members may meet to exchange ideas, suggest solutions, and develop strategies to promote sustainable living.